Post Date: 02/13/2017 Job ID: 21612 Industry: Other Area(s)
JOB SUMMARY: The Technical Specialist' s role is to assist in defining the overall strategy, standardization, and maintenance of software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes creating, testing, analyzing, implementing and supporting software programs and applications along with configuration management of various existing applications. The Technical Specialist will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The Technical Specialist will serve as a key contact with the user community for solving business issues as well as providing support and guidance to the analysts on the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with internal partners in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications. Liaise with other technical staff to lend expertise toward driving solutions.
• Lead in the definition, development, and documentation of software’ s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specification on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments. Lead or write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
• Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems at all Technology locations.
• Provide a system support role for day-to-day systems operations of multiple applications.
• Provide support and guidance for various hardware and software upgrades
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established company policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’ s degree from a four-year college or university is required; majors in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field preferred
• 8-15 years of work experience in an IT support function
• 5-10 years of experience in an IT support function for corporate business systems
• 5+ years Maximo experience
• Two years of experience with relational database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL Server
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Proven experience with relational databases preferably Microsoft SQL Server
• Demonstrates detailed technical knowledge in enterprise and web applications
• Support Release Management and Change Control processes along with other park technology compliance initiatives.
• Hands-on experience developing unit test cases/plans and conduct system testing.
• On-call availability after hours on an occasional basis.
• Willingness to travel and or work weekends with short notice.
• Position is located the in Orlando, Florida offices.
Desired Maximo Development Skills/Competencies
• Ability to create workflows
• Manage the creation/execution of Maximo queries
• Ability to create/update automation scripts
• Ability to create/update BIRT reports
• Ability to create conditional expressions, data restrictions, escalations, communication templates and sig options
• Advanced SQL skills
Desired Maximo Operational Support Skills
• Ability to install, configure and maintain Maximo 7.6 environments
• Ability to troubleshoot Maximo Integration Framework
• Ability to install and configure WebSphere Application Server (ND)
• Ability to support application design, domain creation, user account management, labor/person account management, reports, job plans, PMs, inventory management, work orders and purchasing management
• Ability to use problem-solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot functional and performance issues related to Maximo
• Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
• Excellent understanding of SQL database and query best practices including triggers, stored procedures
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner
• Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong track record meeting targets and objectives
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-function peers
• Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Results oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws preferred
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
• Effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters