Post Date: 03/06/2017 Job ID: 22084 Industry: Information Technology
- Implements recommended equipment modifications and enhancements in accordance with user request and business objectives. Interprets service orders, and circuit diagrams. Works with personnel and facilities management staff to install, remove, or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices.
- Coordinates installation of new or modified hardware, software, or programming modules of telecommunications systems. May inspect sites to determine physical configurations.
- Locates and repairs equipment documented with trouble reports. Tests and evaluates hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system. Identifies areas of operation that need upgrade equipment, such as modems, fiber optic cables, and telephone wires.
- Orders and/or coordinates installation of telecommunications equipment, including telephone sets, headsets, cellular phones, switches, trunks, printed circuit boards, network routers, and cabling. Responsible for ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures established by the company or government contracts.
- Estimates costs for system or component implementation and operation. Contacts vendors to arrange for bids for lease or purchase of equipment. Work with vendors to ensure government changes do not conflict with the capabilities of vendor products.
- Develops and writes procedures for installation, use, and solving problems of communications hardware and software. Documents user support activity, such as system problems, corrective actions, resolution status, and completed equipment installations.
- MAIN experience administering Avaya Aura Conferencing or other premise-based conference bridge solution
- Experience manager needs the candidate to have is telecom MACD (moves, additions, changes & disconnect) experience for Avaya phones and voicemails. (AKA: Modular Messaging, Aura messaging experience, etc.)
- Experience with support and maintenance of Avaya telecom systems, modular messaging and ACD vectoring. (Does not have to have experience with all of these but some)
- Experience dealing with voice circuits, ACD call routing, dealing with telecom hardware and circuit vendors. (Does not have to have experience with all of these but some)
- Experience with Siemens, Nortel, & Rolm equipment not mandatory is just a plus BUT candidate needs to have Avaya telecom experience.