Testing Specialist, Sr
DC9-2-4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy Bld. 900 Jacksonville, Florida 32246
Testing Specialist, Sr.
Type of Work: 6+ month contract
Senior IT Testing Specialists provide leadership and technical guidance to test teams and has accountability across multiple functions. Creates test deliverables (for example, strategies, plans and test cases) and performs hands-on testing for internally developed or external purchased products. Types of testing may include system, integration, regression and end-to-end testing. Senior IT Testing Specialists deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds as appropriate, design test scenarios, author test scripts, execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements. Senior IT Testing Specialists collaborate with other IT staff as appropriate, to review and understand system requirements and design, review test strategy and design, identify resolution for defects identified during testing, and also to analyze and make specific recommendations on usability/functionality improvements that can be integrated into business processes.
- 7 or more years of progressive work experience in business and/or system testing.
- Bachelor’ s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have experience with UNIX and SQL, and experience with database validations
- In-depth understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle processes with an emphasis on testing methodologies. Must have an in-depth experience in system testing techniques.
- Thorough understanding of end to end business process(s) and flows involved in the system capabilities being tested from not only limited to the system under test but, end to end .
- Thorough understanding of As-Is and To-Be business processes and able to relate and link system flows and identify any gaps if they exist.
- Ability to link and relate test cases to possible business flows to ensure proper business process coverage.
- Ability to communicate with the business in business language and with developers in technical language and is able to act as a bridge between them.
- Must have strong PC skills and demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite products.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project. Must have expert proficiency with test management tools.
- Good understanding of the overall architecture of systems under test and their interfaces.
- Must have the ability to extract data utilizing complex SQL queries.
- Ability to create or manipulate various system input/output files like XML, Flat, 834, 835 etc., for testing purposes.
- Ability to clearly identify data requirements and define test data strategies for the respective test efforts.
- Thorough understanding of what interfaces systems under test are connected to how they are connected.
- Ability to stub out testing for specific interfaces as needed due to dependencies.
- Ability to uncover requirement and design gaps in use cases, TDD, SAD documents, Crosswalks etc., and help identify possible resolutions.
- Able to identify and implement any process improvements.
- CTFL certification is preferred.
No third party candidates will be considered. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.