Columbia, South Carolina
Post Date: 04/05/2017 Job ID: 22582 Industry: Information Technology
Our client in Columbia, SC is looking for an Unix Administrator responsible for building new, non-host UNIX [Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and AIX] servers and performing modifications to existing UNIX servers.
Looking for candidates who are proficient in executing commands on Solaris, RHEL, and AIX servers. Open to those who meet the requirement in just one or two of the three UNIX OSs but has previous experience with the remaining OSs, or is able to search and locate needed information about them on the web.
- Administers use, capacity and performance of server systems. Focuses on multiple aspects of server operations across multiple platforms. Works with end users and vendors to resolve server issues.
- Upgrades and configures server devices from multiple vendors.
- Maintains effective relationships with external suppliers to ensure appropriate levels of support. Schedules, plans, and performs system upgrades, including coordinating the transition from test to production environments.
- Confers with users to resolve problems affecting server performance. Validates and adjusts server configuration as needed. Generates server utilization/trending/error reports as requested. Observes and controls the status and performance of all components of server/system facilities.
- Maintains control of server devices. Control access to, and authorization level of devices. Maintains effective security/backup and disaster recovery processes and systems. Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations as needed.
- Address vulnerabilities within audit-mandated time frames. Ensure server compliance with audit requirements. Participates in continuous review and remediation to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions.
- Creates and maintains process and procedure documentation. Provides feedback on commonly encountered problems and misunderstandings to enhance user documentation and/or training programs etc. Works with others to establish and improve processes and procedures.
- Updates knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in server administration technology.