accounts payable specialist
Post Date: 06/28/2017 Job ID: 23905 Industry: Other Area(s)
The role of the Accounts Payable Specialist encompasses working under general guidelines from management to process vendor invoices in an accurate and timely manner per company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
- Prioritize invoices to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports Assist with other projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch, Large ERP experience a plus.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timelines