4000 wisconsin avenue Washington, District Of Columbia 20016
Kavaliro is looking for a Web Service Developer (AWS) to work with our direct client in Washington, DC. This is an immediate need. The right candidate will have the following duties and qualifications:
- Support our client to work on a large multi-functional application used across the organization.
- Implement and maintain a web application. Initially a Microsoft Windows .NET framework with a SQL database and Unix script backend that will be migrated to an AWS environment.
- Participate in all the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software, following Agile methodologies.
- Strong software engineering experience in Unix and databases
- Unix script (preferred) or Perl or Python experience is required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in an IT-related field, Master degree is preferred.
- 3-5+ years in the implementation of large-scale business critical systems / software applications in a Unix environment, using Unix script, Perl or Python.
- Desired: JAVA, database/SQL, C/C++; knowledge of AWS computing; experience building financial systems; experience in an Agile environment.
- Finance industry experience preferred.
- Modeling and Analytics experience preferred.