5900 Core Ave. North Charleston, SC 29406
Have alto of questions on role out to hiring manager and am awaiting responses before ANY submits go out
What is the average sales cycle?
How much hunting vs farming will there be in this role?
What is the average size sale?
Will they be selling all directly or will they be utilizing the channel as well?
Is the commission plan capped?
How will this person’ s success be measured? (Quarterly? Annually?)
Interview process -
1) pre-screen from HR
2) F2F with manager/director
must have clean driving record and reliable transportation
Must report to Charleston office when not on road - true o/s sales role - AE left for new role so territory already in place - some existing accounts but will also be hunting (finding out %...stay tuned)
3-5 years of telecom experience
Must have familarity selling telephony (voice/data) to small - med sized companies
Base ranges from $48-60k with an additional $54k at 100% of quota)
Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities for an Account Executive II in Charleston, SC.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina' s focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier' s carrier with over 5, 000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, S.C. as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
The successful Account Executive II will possess exemplary professional skills; always considering the best outcome for both the Company and the Customer in each situation. The Account Executive will be responsible for quota driven, new revenue generation and existing base management for the company through the successful selling of Fiber access and transport, voice, local, long distance, MPLS, private line, broadband, high speed Internet, VoIP, video and network management.
- Valid driver’ s license and reliable transportation
- Some travel required within a specified territory
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members
- Must be enthusiastic and outgoing
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced and somewhat stressful working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues
- Must possess effective organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with the use of personal computers to include Microsoft Office
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screening & background check
- Familiarity with voice and data networks; i.e. Local, Long Distance, MPLS, IP Telephony
Will be responsible for quota driven, new revenue generation and existing base management for the company through the successful selling of Fiber access and transport, voice, local, long distance, MPLS, private line, broadband, high speed Internet, VoIP, video and network management.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Degree in sales / marketing or related field, equivalent work experience, or a combination thereof
- Previous Enterprise level, ILEC-CLEC sales experience preferred but not required
- 3-5 years previous telecommunications sales and / or sales support experience highly desirable, but not required
- General finance and accounting skills helpful, but not required
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.