Application Developer Specialist
1390 Celebration Boulevard Kissimmee, FL 34747
Work closely with business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Actively participate in development projects as well as on application sustainment teams. Must be proficient in the use of Java and the associated development tool sets. Individuals will work with our business partners and will participate in the designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting of applications in accordance to the ITIL Service Lifecycle. Assist in coordinating the efforts of supplier teams when needed to develop or sustain the application environment. Design and develop software components and applications with high quality and appropriate unit test coverage. Develop well structured, easily maintained program code. Prepare documentation of developed programs and processes. Translate business requirements into system requirements, design specifications and document new and/or existing application requirements.
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience in JAVA/J2EE development with proven record of creating commercial quality software solutions
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to perform across all phases of system development for multiple complex projects; including coding, technical design, and end-to-end testing
- Ability to clearly document own work products and review and contribute to the documentation across multiple projects
- Experience with unit/project testing, implementation, and deployment activities that include coordination of activities from more than one team
- Experience with SCRUM and other Agile development practices
- Current with trends in the technology marketplace
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with developing enterprise web based applications
- Experience in the timeshare industry
- Experience developing and deploying applications to AWS
- Experience with Kafka messaging