Application Support-Technical Lead
14 Sylvan Way Parsippany, NJ 07054
The Technical Lead, Application Support role is responsible for delivering maintenance and enhancement related tasks specific to one or more disciplines within the Engineering domain and providing hands on development to assist in delivering solutions in a timely manner. This person will partner with the Support Manager, Technical Leads, and development teams to develop work breakdown structures, assign tasks, and develop timelines that may be integrated into larger project plans. This role is responsible for working with technical resources, both onsite and offshore, and tracking activities against the timeline, proactively communicating status, issues and risks and coordinating activities with other Information technology groups (e.g., Operations, Technical Support etc.). The Technical Lead will work directly with the Support Manager, Project Managers, and Product Managers to drive toward project timelines, and serve the overall project. The Technical Lead may serve as the Engineering Technical lead on various capital initiatives, and/or will collaborate with strategic partners to integrate and deliver the projects on time. This person will also work with the Manager to assess the project progress and raise risks, develop mitigation plans and collaborate with other groups such as architecture, business solutions, business stakeholders and strategic partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the Support Manager and senior management to create and manage budgets, project budget and a project plan for multiple projects and/or maintenance items.
- Work with multiple Business stakeholders to prioritize maintenance tasks, estimate the effort and communicate the release dates to all the stakeholders.
- Actively work on production troubleshooting tickets and work with necessary resources to resolve them and also report incident summary.
- Provide development and design oversight, as well as take part in hands on development, maintenance triage calls with stakeholders and maintenance releases.
- Communicate to the project team, support team and strategic partners effectively to achieve the project and solution goals for maintenance/projects.
- Analyze and provide insight into complexity of business requirements, user interface design and create solutions that reduce technical complexity while maximizing business and user benefits.
- Guide and lead senior engineers to create the system and detailed technical design.
- Work with onsite/offshore teams across multiple technologies/applications to implement any changes related to incidents and maintenance items and ensure the team implements best practices in design and implementation of the system.
- Review proposed solutions by senior engineers and guide them toward an efficient, highly performant and secure implementation for both capital and maintenance initiatives.
- Communicate designs and technical requirements with technical team and manage implementation of the overall system.
- Coordinate with Architecture on significant system design decisions
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Actively participate in and/or lead JRP/JAD sessions.
- Actively participate in any Production issue calls.
- Provide status reports.
- Provide project/maintenance estimates.
- Planning with partners and other Technical leads.
This position demands active participation across multiple functions and departments along with working relationships with the various Business and IT divisions as a peer and colleague.
This position will require the ability to work in a highly integrated application development environment where teamwork, communication, and trust are critical to success.
Travel requirements for this role will vary based on the business needs and programs lifecycle, estimated to average 5% - 10% of the time; travel possibility within the U.S.
Assists in development of forecasts.
Recognizes organizational limitations – what is possible at certain times.
Is aware of and responsive to external influences (positive or negative) on the organization.
Recognizes the characteristics and impact of organizational culture.
- Minimum BS in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Master' s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- 10+ years of related technical work experience in the implementation of complex, large scale, enterprise wide projects including analysis, design, development and delivery.
- 7+ years of experience in leading or managing complex, large scale, enterprise wide data integration service related projects.
- 8+ years of experience of core development and subject matter expertise in ecommerce, customer facing initiates.
- 2+ years of experience in budgeting, forecasting and resource management.
- Strong experience leading multi-site and/or off-shore development teams.
- Experience with various software development estimation techniques.
- Deep experience in Service Oriented Architecture design, development, governance, B2B integration and deployment using ESB.
- Experience with AEM, DAM, AWS Cloud based technologies, CDN, WebLogic, Web2.0, caching technologies, NoSQL, etc.
- Experience with Java EE6 and current distributed application development technologies: Core Java, Spring, JSF, JSP/Servlets, XML, XSL, XSLT, EJB, Web Services, JDBC, RMI, and HTTP/S protocols.
- Experience with Cross-Browser development and W3C Accessibility standards.
- Experience with Redshift, MDM, Cloud Formation scripts, DynamoDB, node js, Lambda, API Gateway, Kenisis and Cloud Security/Governance.
- Experience with Informatica 10 including ETL, IPaaS and Data Warehouse.
- Solid understanding of project management theory, industry best-practices, and trends.
- Advanced knowledge of the various SDLC methodologies and their respective advantages and trade-offs.
- Demonstrated ability to understand high level business requirements.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to audiences with varying levels of technical acumen.
- Solid understanding of project estimation methods.
- Ability to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, creating manageable objectives. and goals, and ensuring appropriate resource allocation.
- The ability to use interpersonal styles and communication methods to inspire and persuade others to commit to your way of thinking using a collaborative style.
- Intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Ability to make incisive and knowledgeable decisions in a timely manner.
- Identifies clear objectives for others and sets stretch goals; plans and structures work and appropriately distributes it to others.
- Builds trust by leading with integrity; is able to motivate others, manage conflict, and maintain composure in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without using formal authority; leads appropriately given the situation.
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets objectives and appropriately follows-up using various methods of feedback.
- Demonstrates perseverance to achieve/exceed goals and objectives; is able to push self and others towards achievement in an appropriate way.
- Ability to find common ground and bond with others; evoking trust and credibility easily.
- Negotiates skillfully with a broad range of groups and/or people; can balance directness with diplomacy; gains trust and maintains relationships while maintaining a stance.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing applications for Hospitality Industry preferred.