2301 Market Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
This position will provide the technical leadership in helping utilities, municipalities, and utility co-ops deploy wireless metering infrastructure and meters along with the proprietary Regional Network Interface software. Also responsible for delivering a system solution that is optimized, reliable, and flexible that provides advanced measurement, data collection, analysis and control capabilities and helps our customers improve operational efficiency while reducing their environmental impact.
- Technical customer interface working with Project Management.
- Conducts in depth database monitoring and analysis for the Regional Network Interface data streams.
- Responsible for system integrations & analysis for the Smart Grid System.
- Troubleshoots highly complex system level issues that encompass system configuration, hardware, firmware, and software. Monitor system hardware and software for proper delivery of data for customer operations.
- Assist customer to optimize the system information requirements for their business processes.
- Provide feedback to design and development engineering for product improvement.
- Engage development engineering in system troubleshooting as required
- Work with Field Sales teams, value added resellers, and distributors to deliver fully functional, configured, operational system that meets all of our customers Service level agreements.
- Develops bash shell/Perl Scripting as required.
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences; or 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in design, development, or system engineer role.
- Experience in the utility or telecommunications considered a plus.
- Must have Perl and/or Unix shell scripting.
- Mid-level Unix and Windows administration experience.
- Recent Mid-level SQL experience (MS SQL, Postgres, and Oracle).
- Solid understanding of telecommunications concepts (CPE, backhaul, POTS networking).
- Solid understanding of basic networking concepts (ping, ssh, telnet, ftp, traceroute, etc.).
- Ability to work independently with little direction and also be a team player.
- Self-directed, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- General background in RF technologies.
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com for customer service considered a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 50% at times