Architect III, Application Security Architect
reston Reston, VA 20190
Architect III, Application Security Architect: FNMAJP00032621: Fannie Mae: Reston, VA
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
• Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
• Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
• Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
• May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
• Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
• Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meet operational and financial reporting requirements
• Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
• Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
• May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
• Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent required
• 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• 5+ years’ experience reviewing project architectures and solutions.
• 6+ years’ experience leading application security architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams and business stakeholders.
• Ability to lead Security Architecture consultation with other parts of Information Security, Enterprise/Business/Data Architecture, IT and Business partners, and peers on proper security architecture and software development processes to ensure the applications developed and systems implemented are in line with security best practices and company policies and standards and are compliant with the required frameworks (ISO, SOX, SWIFT, OWASP, NIST Cyber Security, etc.).
• Ability to develop repeatable application security architectures working with internal and external partners. Contribute to the development of architectural reference material to ensure that security practices are being implemented in a repeatable fashion.
• Partner with EA Portfolio and Initiative Architects to assess security threats, identifying and tailoring security requirements, and integrating security controls into the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to document and diagram technical systems and architectures.
• Experience in an environment using agile methodology.
• Demonstrated experience integrating security within the various cloud service models (e.g., IaaS, PaaS, SaaS). Able to identify the appropriate security solutions for various cloud implementations. Able to architect, implement, and document system security controls.
• Ability to review system documentation for proposed projects (e.g., system requirements, detailed design/architecture, interface documents, etc.), identify security gaps and provide security recommendations to address those gaps, and complete risk profiles for cloud computing solutions.
• Ability to advise and approve of changes and architectures for assigned areas from an application security perspective.
• Ability to perform as a subject matter expert and contribute to the development of company security policy and procedures.
• Ability to lead efforts that document and present risks and security issues that could impact the confidentiality, integrity and/or availability of the business (both internally and externally).
• Ability to assess risk to applications associated with emerging threats and threat vectors.
• Previous industry experience with application security including static code review, automatic code scans, security architecture review, penetration testing, and mitigating application level vulnerabilities.
• Strong knowledge of networking, Unix/Linux, virtualization, authentication, cryptography. Must be fully conversant up and down the technology stack. Proven expertise in building a defense in depth infrastructure security architecture that includes security controls across the technology stack.
• Must have solid knowledge and understanding of securing all major operating systems.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of major cloud platforms; AWS, Azure, Salesforce, ServiceNow, etc.
• Expert knowledge of operating system, application, network, and database security architectures.
• Proficiency in Apse and Web services security.
• Ability to facilitate communications to business stakeholders and interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
• Exceptional experience influencing collaborating and negotiating positive outcomes across stakeholders in highly matrixed organization.
• Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Doodad, FEAF etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Applicable security certifications desired; CISSP, CEH, GIAC, GSEC, or CSSLP or advanced degree in InfoSec.
• Prior Financial Services and consulting experience a plus.