630 SW Walnut St Suite 146 Hillsboro, OR 97123
A fast paced rapidly growing analytical testing company for the cannabis industry. We bring advanced analytical capabilities to quality assurance testing. By applying Quality Engineering Technologies, our team can deliver precise and accurate results.
We are committed to driving scientific and technological innovation in the cannabis industry. Founded by former Intel engineers, or experienced team uses top-of-the-line instruments to perform our tests. We bring expertise together with technology and strive to make the premier cannabis testing facility in northern California.
We are seeking a highly motivated and independent biochemist/microbiologist to join our fast paced and exciting team. The primary responsibility of this position will be a qPCR based microbial testing platform.
• Carries out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies and SOP’ s
• Conduct analytic tests on-site in a start-up laboratory.
• Prepares samples for chemical analysis.
• Maintains a clean laboratory.
• Providing QA and QC functions to evaluate product quality and to meet or exceed any state requirements for testing.
• Development of analytical techniques; new methods.
• Interact with clients, personnel and customers to provide data and analytical support. Protects client confidentiality.
• Manage data and information on diverse digital platforms.
• Follows and ensures strict lab safety procedures.
• Produces reliable and precise data to support scientific investigation
• Calibrates measuring equipment on a daily basis.
• Operates standard lab equipment (i.e. scale, centrifuge, pipets, vortex, sonicator).
• Tracks inventory of supplies as needed.
• Continuous learning about the cannabis industry through ongoing education (seminars, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or closely related field.
• 3 + years of laboratory technician experience.
• Must be over 21 years of age.
• Analytical lab experience preferred.
• Experience with qPCR and other standard laboratory tests.
• Excellent oral, written, team and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills in spreadsheet, word processing, and database software.
• Excellent and detailed record keeping is required.
• Must be a self-starter, understand analytical/biochemistry, and want to learn and advance.
• Ability to work independently.
• Commitment to strong scientific ethics.
• M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or closely related field.
• Experience with qPCR.
• Experience with LIMS.
• Experience with analytical instrumentation HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS and/or ICP-MS is a plus