1651 West Derby Avenue Auburndale, FL 33823
Participate as a project team member and provide primary construction oversight of installation contractors. The following list of responsibilities apply:
• Electrical background as well as commissioning experience for Combined Cycle Station Operations.
• Review project scope of works, specifications, and contracts to obtain a good working knowledge of the project prior to installation kick-off.
• Participate in project planning meetings as requested. Provide input on constructability and past experience.
• Support Installation Kick-off, Pre-Outage Planning, Installation and Outage meetings with project status and updates.
• Confirm with Project Lead that all appropriate permits and state notifications are in place and issued for construction activities to begin.
• Final verification of contractor safety, equipment, and LOTO training and qualifications.
• Work with Project Lead and installation contractor on schedule development.
• Understand Execution Plans and ensure compliance.
• Act as the primary site contact for the installation contractor. Perform frequent field observations to ensure project installation success.
• Provide or arrange for site safety orientation as required to contractor.
• Participate in daily pre-job and mid shift briefs with the installation contractor.
• Conduct walk downs of work areas to ensure that all hazard prevention measures are in place prior to allowing installation contractors to begin work.
• Hold Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) as needed for installation contractor as the Contract Work Leader Site Sponsor (Business Unit dependent).
• Review installation contractor time sheets for T&M contracts for accuracy as required (Business Unit dependent).
• Enforce contract requirements as needed. and site security guidelines.
• Alert Project Lead immediately to impending issues and needs. Coordinate any Field Changes and Extra Work Authorizations with the Project Lead.
• Monitor and ensure installation contractor compliance with Duke Energy Safety, LOTO, NERC/CIP, FME (foreign material exclusion), and environmental policies.
• Ensure housekeeping standards are enforced.
• Ensure critical lifts are communicated well in advance to station personnel and Project Lead. Follow critical lift plans, stop work if a variance is encountered.
• Monitor installation contractors QC program and identify compliance issues (Business Unit dependent)
• Attend daily meetings (as needed) with station management to provide updates and a plan for the week. Ensure coordination with Station Representative.
• Participate in weekly planning meetings with station personnel to be coordinated with appropriate planner as required.
• Provide project updates to Project Lead on a daily basis via the daily installation report/log.
• Provide weekly written report to project lead for department weekly report inclusion as necessary.
• Implement Emergency Action Plans as needed. Ensure installation contractors understand Emergency Action Plan details prior to starting work.
• Report all events including injuries, first aids, environmental events, near misses, and LOTO violations.
• Assist Project Lead with development of field project punch-list, maintain the punch-list, and ensure that the installation contractor adequately completes the punch-list.
• Ensure installation contractor maintains accurate red line/as built drawings throughout project.
Seven (7) plus years of related experience and two (2) year associate technical degree, or 10+ years of experience in lieu of a degree