3600 Rio Vista ave Orlando, FL 32805
Job Summary / Objective
Produces machined parts by loading, unloading, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine. Operator will be expected to maintain quality and safety standard, keep accurate records, and maintain equipment and supplies.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Produce parts as directed by Cell Technician.
- Ability to follow instructions as delivered by Cell Technician, work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, and locations of surfaces.
- Ability to operate mills and lathes by following instructions, including zero and reference points, including basic math.
- Ability to operate mills and other machine tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and stock pushers, indicating vises, and tramming heads as trained and monitored by Cell Technician.
- Ability to load parts by lifting stock into position.
- Ability to verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces, adhering to defined standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes as trained.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following manufacturer’ s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions and calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Required Education and Experience Qualifications include:
- Minimum 1 year Machine Shop Experience
- Basic math understanding
- Mechanical understanding
- Ability to understand and execute verbal and written instructions
- Understanding of conceptual skills, process improvement, verbal communication, functional and technical skills, controls and instrumentation, supply management, tooling, coordination, inventory control, judgment and attention to detail.
- Read, Write and understand English
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goal
- Requires Safe Work Habits
- Maintain good attendance
Working Conditions / Work Schedule / Travel
- Monday - Friday 9 hours or possible 4 -10 hours
- Must be flexible to work overtime as required
- Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs
- Remain standing on feet for long periods of time
- Frequent carrying, grasping, reaching, pulling, pulling, stooping for parts and supplies.