123 Main St Miami, FL 33178
Candidates can be located nationwide, but must be located near a major airport
The Cloud Engineer will act as a senior authority within a team, working closely with Middleware, Storage, Compute, Security, Network, Engineering, Architecture and Project teams to help develop our Cloud infrastructure and create automation solutions. The individual in this role will perform tasks such as systems planning, configuring systems, provisioning software, providing technical guidance around automation, implementing automated platform provisioning, and assisting with research and design and defining standards.
The Cloud Solution Engineer needs to have a strong depth and breadth of knowledge on cloud technologies as well as experience with ITIL, Lean and Agile principles. The IT Solutions Delivery department manages the design and build of a large volume of IT projects so we are looking for someone who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly work through complex details and contribute to the development of broad implementation strategies on programs with enterprise-wide impacts, and who is adept at communicating findings and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Cloud Architecture experience with AWS, Azure and/or similar Public Cloud Provider. Certification is preferred.
- 5-7 years of scripting experience skills e.g. Shell Scripts, Ruby, Perl, vRealize Automation (VRA) and ability to create work flows with VRealize Automation.
- Core web application/automation development experience and ability to provide automation solutions (SDN/NSX)
- Experience with databases including SQL, NoSQL, and Dynamo DB
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools (Vagrant, Docker, etc)
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology, Workflow and issue management tools such as JIRA, Trac, and RT; and Build management and continuous integration tools.
- Hands-on Automation Solution Engineer with previous experience setting the overall strategy including design, implementation and life cycle management.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience or technical training.
- Certification in AWS and/or Azure including as a Solutions Architect, Developer, or Systems Operations
- Able to lead multiple process implementation/improvement projects, in one or more core business area within a utility, using Agile, Lean or Six Sigma project methodology.
- ISO certification
- TOGAF certification