Cyber Security Architect
7927 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 1100 McLean, Virginia 22102
We are looking for a Cyber Security Architect for our client at (Secret Clearance required). The details of the requirements are given hereunder. Active Secret Security Clearance required at the minimum for this position. Interested candidate may submit the resume in word format. Qualified candidate will be contacted the next day.
- The senior Cybersecurity Architect to provide support in the following tasks:
- Analyze user needs and requirements to plan system architecture supporting cybersecurity operations. Collaborate with system developers and users to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Define and document how the implementation of a new system or new interfaces between systems impacts the security posture of the current environment.
- Design system architecture or system components required to meet user needs.
- Document and address organization' s information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements throughout the acquisition lifecycle.
- Employ secure configuration management processes.
- Ensure that acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization' s cybersecurity architecture guidelines.
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, security, compatibility, or usability.
- Identify the protection needs (i.e., security controls) for the information system(s) and network(s) and document appropriately.
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
- Plan system implementation to ensure that all systems components can be integrated and aligned (e.g., procedures, databases, policies, software, and hardware).
- Provide input on security requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents.
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation.
- Translate proposed technical solutions into technical specifications.
- Propose new technologies or procedures that could be used to advance the ability to detect and mitigate malicious activity.
- Perform other official duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer related field plus 5 years of professional experience or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced knowledge of security systems analysis, testing, and documentation;
- Knowledge of virtual environments, network operating systems, mobile device environments, and data encryption methods;
- Demonstrated expertise in communication protocols, network operating systems, servers, firewall implementation, IPS/IDS systems, and advanced malware detection systems;
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently on moderate to complex assignments using independent professional discretion and judgment as well as transition quickly between projects with minimal supervision;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected officials, senior staff, information systems professionals, and technical and non-technical users;
- Ability to comprehend and integrate complex computer technology and software into an effective information systems security program.
- Must have the ability to verify the solution meets the requirements;
- Unless otherwise stated, a minimum of a Secret security clearance preferred,
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, users, contractors, and vendors; and
- One or more of the following preferred (CISSP, GIAC, EnCE, CCE, CEH).