4250 Connecticut Ave, DC Washington, District Of Columbia 20016
We are looking for a Data Analyst for our direct client at Washington, DC. The details of the requirement are given hereunder. Interested candidate may submit the resume in word format.
Detailed Job Description
The client is seeking a Data Analyst to coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems.
- Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
- Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes
- Modify existing databases and database management systems and/or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 5-7 years’ applicable experience required
- Experience with database technologies
- Knowledge of the ETL process
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gather, analyze and synthesize information
- Proficient in Excel data analysis and data visualization tools (pivot tables/charts, lookup tables,…)
- A strong sense of urgency about meeting challenging deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in using Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
Business application knowledge or experience with Tableau and Business Objects