Data Scientist with Python, R programming
Herndon Herndon, Virginia 20170
Kavaliro seeks a Sr Data Scientist with Python, R programming for a contract position with our direct client in Herndon VA
Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies. Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques. Data mining using state-of-the-art methods. Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 8 -10 + years applicable experience required.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- Experience with Data Analysis, Data mining, Python, R programming skills
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, Weka, NumPy, MatLab etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Ability to convert Business requirement into Data requirement for Data science program including converting business rules into system rules.
- Experience with database technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions.