Database Administrator II
12000 Sunrise Valley Drive Reston, Virginia 20190
We are looking for an Oracle Database Administrator with Data Modeling experience.
The main function of a database administrator is to coordinate changes to computer databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. A typical database administrator is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
• Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications
• Modify existing databases and database management systems
• Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system
• Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project
• Relational and dimensional data modeling skills.
• Database design in a multi-terabyte Data Warehouse environment.
• Administration of Oracle OLTP and data warehouse databases in a UNIX environment.
• Knowledge of Oracle performance tuning techniques.
• UNIX shell scripting.
• SQL and PL/SQL development.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and manage one’ s time
• Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software
• Knowledge of computer software, such as SQL, Oracle, etc
• Logical and physical data modeling.
• Demonstrated experience translating logical models into physical models.
• Associate' s degree in computer programming or relevant field required. Bachelor' s degree preferred
• 5-7 years experience required
1. Looking for an Oracle DBA with logical / physical models and for them to be able to translate logical models into physical models and vice versa.
2. Prefer: Would like for the candidate to a DBA/ Data Modeler with 3 - 5 years of experience and would prefer tem strong on the Data Modeler side
3. Need them to be able to do multi-domain and data store ( high volume of data)
4. Strong Communication skills
5. Will help with the scrum teams to do physical data modeling.
6. Team Size: 20
7. 70% Data Modeling / 30% DBA