Desktop Support Engineer (Active Secret Clearance & CompTIA A+ ce)
8300 Greensboro Dr Suite 600 McLean, VA 22102
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Desktop Engineer to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance withing the Company' s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PCs, laptops, printers, scanners and Black Berries) to ensure optimal performance.
Actively take ownership of Remedy tickets and problems assigned, accurately record work performed and troubleshoot issues (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely fashion. Provide direct end user assistance to include familiarizing users with basic software, hardware, and peripheral device operation. Effectively use approved diagnostic tools to diagnose network connectivity issues as well as image, copy and configure systems for deployment. Demonstrate the ability to escalate issues and involve experts for resolution as needed and enforce the rigorous application of Army Information Security/Information Assurance policies while providing a high level of customer support. Develop and maintain a sound understanding of approved operating systems and application software as well as business-related processes and procedures, company guidelines.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Install, upgrade, support, and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware, Windows 7 and Windows 10 OS, Office 2007 and 2010 as well as other authorized desktop applications and peripheral equipment.
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers, and any other authorized peripheral equipment unless prohibited by existing customer warranties.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring service to client personal computers (PCs) or laptops that have authorized access to the network.
- Escalate the issue/problem to proper Tier 3 Support team members when the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral.
- Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems and support requests.
- Expert technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware
- Authoritative knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Windows 7 operation and software and hardware troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office 2007, Office 2010 support
- Working knowledge of AD, Server 2012, remote control tools and TCP/IP fundamentals
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Proven customer service skills and effective time management, planning and organizing skills
- Function effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
- Work effectively with minimal supervision and maintain a professional demeanor under stress
- Manage time efficiently, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls
- Attention to Detail - Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services; is committed to quality deliverables.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations and resolve issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent required.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
- Diploma from a technical or vocational school, work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- Must have three (3) to eight (8) years of experience providing IT implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support. Expert-level skills in Service Desk operations.
- CompTIA A+ ce required
- Active Secret Clearance Required