DevOps Azure Network Engineer
5260 Western Ave Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Sr. .NET Developer/Devops
This role will perform development activities using but not limited to C#, .NET 4.5+ framework, Powershell 4.0+ scripts to provide a reliable and scalable automation to support the above mentioned tasks and support application troubleshooting. Candidate should be able to multitask and work in an agile environment. This job includes collaboration with multiple teams including but not limited to application DevOps/Infrastructure teams, security, network, architecture, engineering and project management teams. The NSG Admin will need to have the skillset & qualifications listed below. Strong development background in powershell 4.0+ and C# is a must.
- 5+ years in designing, supporting/troubleshooting and deploying network configuration.
- 3+ years in developing powershell scripts and C# applications.
- Develop and maintain an extensive understanding of the Azure network environment.
- Validate and update key engineering artifacts such as standards/best practices, design documents and decisions.
- Design and document solutions to meet requirements and that are easily scalable for the enterprise.
- Work closely with architects and engineering teams to understand emerging technologies and how they would benefit
- Transforming, integrating, and automating network infrastructure to tightly integrate with SDN(Software Defined Networking).
- Develop and write powershell scripts in powershell version 4.0+.
- Develop and write C# code using .NET 4.5+ framework to support the automation for network related changes/deployment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network related issues to support application teams.
- Participate in network health diagnostics and optimization via proper monitoring and capacity planning.
- Assist with the definition and tracking of key performance metrics.
- Knowledge on firewalls and Load balancers is a must.
- Very strong technical knowledge of enterprise networking solutions for very large environments
- Demonstrated Self-motivation, leadership ability, strong team player who enjoys a fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Ability to learn very quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Azure services and Software Defined Networking is highly valued.
- Experience writing frameworks or developing APIs is a must.
- Worked in a team using agile methodologies.