5260 Western Ave Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815
This individual will perform code deployment operations and coordinate provisioning tasks with other infrastructure teams. This is a DevOps position that requires a combination of coordination work and hands-on technical work. Typical tasks include: • Work with application teams to maintain lower environments. Typical tasks include: o Provision disk and CPU o Install and maintain enterprise application software. o Execute clean up functions • Work with availability engineers to implement logging and alerting functions. • Work with tier 1 operational support teams to facilitate the transition of applications to production support. • Participate in root cause analysis work for any system issues.
• 1- 5 years supporting systems for development teams, preferably in a DevOps role. open to junior candidates.
• Experience with the Azure cloud and Microsoft operating systems.
• Experience with AGILE development, SCRUM, and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Possess a solid foundation in Windows operating systems, with demonstrated experience in configuring app pools, network connections, and patch schedules.
Environment is Microsoft-focused. Ability to work with Microsoft server and application logs and debugging procedures.
• Excellent coordination skills to work with other infrastructure teams.
• Solid understanding of application tier implementations, including knowledge of web servers, database, virtualization, storage, load balancers, and firewalls.
• Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (e.g., Powershell, Perl, Python) to automate routine functions.
• Familiarity with DevOps concepts
• Working knowledge of AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with development teams for results.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of insurance operations is a plus.