DevOps Engineer with TS or higher, clearance
Reston, VA 20190
Kavaliro is seeking a DevOps Engineer in support of our government client in Reston, Virginia. An exciting opportunity for an individual interested in building automated Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions that help enterprises deliver software of higher quality, at greater speed, with less cost and with more engaged teams.
The DevOps Engineer role utilizes a mix of cutting edge open source and commercial software to provide our customers with customized continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) solutions which are fully compliant with customer agency change, incident and configuration management processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing scripts/tools for Continuous Integration Continuous Deployments
- Designing and developing automation templates/tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration & change management
- Building and deploying web applications to dev/test/prod environments using Jenkins and Puppet
- Automating configuration management, infrastructure, and application deployments in a toolset such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Experience with Vagrant/Docker/Kubernetes and containerization strategies
- Knowledge of Maven and industry artifact repository management solutions
- Developing automation for application running on private and public cloud infrastructure environments such as AWS or OpenStack
- Microservices development, deployment and operations experience is desirable
- Source control using tools such as Git
- Experience with software testing, including designing and implementing unit, component, and system-level tests
- Administration Linux operating systems (CentOS)
Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or four years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
An active TS/SCI is preferred.