Director of Medical Records
2701 N Decatur Rd Decatur, Georgia 30033
Kavaliro is excited to partner with a leading healthcare provider in Atlanta to hire a Director of Medical Records. In conjunction with directing the Medical Record Department and related services you will be responsible for establishing policies, regulations, and procedures to guide department operations to meet the objectives of the medical staff and the department. Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute methods of development, maintenance, retrieval and improvement of patient health record information systems for inpatients, emergency patients, outpatients, and LTAC patients.
- Maintain health records which are complete, accurate, comprehensive, consistent and which reflect sound, legally acceptable documentation practices.
- Assists with form design and practices which facilitate documentation and eliminate content duplication.
- Provides for the timely organization and display of DRG/CMI statistical data for facility use and for appropriate outside agencies.
- Provides for accurate ICD-10 and CPT coding and data abstraction of inpatient and outpatient records for reimbursement and statistical purposes.
- Demonstrates ability to apply vision and planning to the process of evaluating, obtaining, and implementing computer systems and other processes which affect the availability of patient information.
- Implements practices which assure confidentiality and privacy of patient health information. Investigates privacy complaints as directed by the Privacy Officer.
- Incorporates applicable legal, ethical, licensing, accrediting, certifying and institutional requirements into policies and procedures for the control, use, retention, and release of health information.
- Graduate of an approved Health Information Management Program with a Registered Record Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification.
- Five years experience as a Director of a Health Information Management Department in a 400+ bed hospital or five years experience as an Assistant Director.
- Must possess excellent personnel management skills, verbal and written communication skills, and strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferred