Executive Sous Chef
103 CA-1 Bodega Bay, CA 94923
An experienced Executive Sous Chef to assist our Executive Chef with leading our Culinary and Kitchen staff. Our restaurant celebrates the local bounty of Sonoma’ s spectacular coastal region. Our menu is highlighted by the seasonal availability of local, sustainably farmed produce, seafood and meats. Our commitment to your continued professional development as Executive Sous Chef makes this the perfect opportunity to grow your career with us.
Our ideal candidate will be a true leader with experience, discipline and creativity as well as previous Hotel and/or stand-alone restaurant experience. Wine knowledge and bi-lingual preferred. We are seeking a hands-on Sous who will take responsibility for sanitation, cleanliness and production. A good communicator who understands the workings of an established team and will work to grow that team to the next level. A leader who will inspire, foster and implement a sense of purpose in our staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- · Must have full knowledge of all cooking techniques
- · The ability to effectively deal with employees some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- · Excellent organizational skills
- · Mollusks not molecular
- · Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English
- · Ability to read and interpret documents such as menus, recipes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- · Foraged not forced
- · Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and performance evaluations
- · Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- · Able to communicate in the Spanish language is preferred
- · Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- · Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- · Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- · Meets legal age requirements for the position
- · Filling not frilly