200 1st St SE #1901 Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
This position will report to the Project Manager and will create daily installed meter reports and analyze the data in the report to determine which endpoints are not reporting into the system. The position will then be responsible to create a work plan to investigate each non-reporting endpoint and determining what is required to ensure the endpoint is heard by the system. This could include replacement of the endpoint, reprogramming of the endpoint and working with a RF Engineer to remediate the issue.
Based in Cedar Rapids, but meters placed in 75% of Iowa. Meters already installed, Field Technicians will be auditing meters and verifying they are communicating correctly. Also will be troubleshooting. Must be comfortable on computer and with hand held devices. Some overnight travel.
Bachelor’ s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- Must have Utility experience, AMI endpoint deployment and programming experience a plus.
- General knowledge in RF network deployment and optimization;
- Must be proficient with computer hardware and software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be familiar with Google Earth Pro and understand how to map lat/lon coordinates and manipulate object parameters
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Individual must be a self-starter who works autonomously, with the drive and initiative to “ do what it takes” to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule, which could include early mornings, late evenings, and occasional weekends.
- Must have own transportation and a valid driver’ s license
- Ability to present a professional appearance as generally accepted in a business environment.
- Must pass drug screening and back ground investigations
- Performs other functions as directed by the Project Manager
Knowledge of Linux commands, tools, and shell script programming is a plus.
Proficient with SQL commands, writing queries and creating reports is a plus.