139 East 4th St. Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
This position requires a blended knowledge of technical and functional financial reporting and analysis skills. Work in a self-directed way with business customers to formulate and consolidate financial results, including analyzing and reporting variances and trends.
Financial planning, monthly and year-end financial analysis, compile statistical data to identify and correct errors; prepare, check and post journal entries and capital project management.
The analyst is expected to perform analyses and research ad-hoc requests that are more complex in nature.
The analyst will develop reporting, and effectively prepare presentations for management review and decision making.
- With minimal supervision, provide financial, accounting, and business management analytical support to various levels of management and customers.
- Evaluate and report business unit O&M and capital budget variances that allows for accurate financial reporting and accurate year end variance projections.
- Support the reporting process within the department to facilitate understanding of business and variance impacts to department and employees.
- Perform research and prepare financial presentations for management review, cost reporting, and decision making.
- Compile and analyze statistical data to identify and correct errors and to evaluate general content.
- Prepare, check and/or post journal entries and accruals on an as needed basis.
- Serve as key interface to region on understanding and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial schedules required to meet monthly and quarterly business unit data requests from Corporate Accounting.
- Maintain good working knowledge of accounting policies and impacts as required.
- Actively seek to identify and meet customer needs with a sense of urgency, taking ownership of customer issues and problems until resolved.
- Overtime may be required during monthly/quarterly/annual closing processes as well as rollout of new and/or changes processes.
Four-year degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related fields
Minimum of 3-6 years of work experience in finance-related field (planning, analysis, budgeting and forecasting, or accounting), or the energy industry
Experience applying GAAP accounting principles, and evaluating internal controls
Demonstrated analytical/problem solving skills and strong business acumen
Ability to build relationships with customers at all levels within the organization
Self motivated. Ability to work independently and in a team environment; demonstrated initiative within current team.
Ability to understand business operations and apply business acumen to identify issues and propose innovative solutions
Proficient skills in Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Graduate degree in Accounting, Business or related fields
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification (or working toward certification)
Experience with financial compliance activities in a regulated utility environment.
Proficient in advanced excel skills (pivot tables, vlook-ups, etc.)
Experience with financial applications (such as PeopleSoft FMIS, Power Plant, etc.) and financial query tools (such as Business Objects)