4000 wisconsin avenue Washington, District Of Columbia 20016
Kavaliro is looking for a Hadoop Developer to work with our direct client in Washington DC. This is an immediate need!
- Manage data extraction jobs, and build new data pipelines from various structured and unstructured sources into Hadoop.
- Execute or support test certification scripts, analyze and validate results against established success criteria.
- Support patching and incident and problem management activities.
- Enable environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts.
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of strong hands-on experience in developing code in Hadoop using Spark (Scala), Hive, Pig, Sqoop etc.
- 5+ years of strong hands-on experience coding in JAVA, Python, Unix shell scripting, relational databases (RDBMS), and PL/SQL.
- Strong foundational knowledge in Unix, Hadoop architecture and AWS landscape.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and code/delivery of unit/integration test framework on AWS.
- Nice to have skills: R
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, time management, and technical presentation skills.