Hive Database Administrator
12000 Sunrise Valley Drive Reston, Virginia 20190
Kavaliro is looking for a Hive Database administrator for our direct client in Reston, VA.The details of the requirement are given hereunder. Interested candidate may submit the resume in word format.
PRIMARY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- " HANDS-ON" big data experience, particularly with acting as DBA/Engineer on Hadoop Schema-On-Read and RBAC (Hive, Ranger).
- Expertise in Hive Query Language (HQL) and Hive internals (internal/external tables, partitions, clustering, metastore, etc.)
- Experience with creating Spark/Python scripts to create UDFs to enhance HQL.
- Experience working in AWS Cloud environment highly desired (S3, EMR, RDS/PostgreSQL, Redshift, DMS)
- Physical Data Modeling experience is a must. Past experience on MPP platforms such as Netezza/Teradata/Exadata is preferred
TOP SKILLS NEEDED:
1. General Data Modeling experience
2. " HANDS-ON" big data experience
3. Strong Communication (written & verbal)
- Provide on-site database and system support.
- Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance.
- Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance.
- Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts.
- Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems).
- Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching.
- Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching.
- Perform and manage system and database backups.
- Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure.
Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 10+ years experience required
- Experience in providing technical support, covering database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of Help Desk tools and trouble ticket tracking processes
- Understanding of support agreements and their implied service levels
- Proven ability to write excellent technical documentation