IT Project Manager - mid-level w/ finance industry
4000 Wisconsin Ave. Washington, DC 20016
Kavaliro is looking for a mid-level IT PM with financial industry experience. The right candidate will have five plus years of experience, strong SDLC, Scrum, Jira, MS Project skills. Scrum master experience is a strong plus. This position is located in Washington, DC with our direct client and is an immediate need!
-Candidate will assume ownership of all application related activities which includes but not limited to SDLC releases, Scrum ceremonies, status reporting, schedules, operational changes, stakeholder communication & management.
- Maintain JIRA Board end to end and ensure timely update by the teams, manage burn down charts and team velocity and manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Prepare project status reports/Metrics by collecting using Jira, analyzing, and summarizing information and present the trends to management. Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans in project server.
- Work closely with Dev, Test, Business and Operations team on a daily basis in building consensus for varied situations, scenarios and solutions
1. GSE experience is highly desired
2. Knowledge & Hands on experience in JIRA, Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, and Microsoft SharePoint is mandatory.
3. Experience in handling long technical & design discussions and capturing notes & minutes is mandatory.
4. Experience in interfacing with enterprise PMO, procurement, application teams, application upstream and downstream applications/users, and allied support teams is mandatory.
5. Knowledge from a PM perspective on CICD process (Jenkins), test automation process, Code Quality process will be expected.
6. Proficiency with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using agile methodology for Web based application (J2EE) development.
7. Strong communication, outstanding leadership, negotiation and relationship building skills
8. Ability to resolve highly complex technical issues and ability to manage, coordinate, guide a project team of technical professionals
9. Ability to work well with senior management including change management and senior stakeholder management
10. Working experience as a scrum master is plus
11. Bachelors Degree
12. PMP or other similar certification
13. 5+ years of experience