IT Project coordinator
Reston Reston, Virginia 20190
Kavaliro is looking for a IT project coordinator for a contract position with our direct client in Reston VA.
The technical candidate will interface with multiple Production Support Services staff and management to track and report on the progress of infrastructure activities related to the Out-Of-Region Datacenter. This role requires a high level of accuracy, communications skills and attention to detail. Candidate should be comfortable working in a high pressure, fast passed environment and have experience communicating status, issues and risks to senior management in a concise and accurate manner.
Key Job Functions
- Manage, develop, and maintain documentation related to weekly infrastructure activities
- Follow-up and track planned/unplanned infrastructure activities
- Communicate infrastructure requirements to the Production Support Services staff teams
- Consolidate material for calls and other meetings, document meeting minutes and any action items
- Be available as the central information hub for infrastructure related activities to assist application support teams during triage
- Engage L2 Support teams in explicit coordination approvals and maintain audit trails
- Coordinate the activities of the various support groups during the buildout, commissioning and testing of the Out of Region data center.
- Identify risks and escalate to management when required.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts by proactively engaging stakeholders and communicating resolution status.
- Maintain an information repository to efficiently manage the environment
Education Required Preferred
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Computer Science or IT/IS preferred
3-5 plus years of related experience
Prior experience using ticket system(s) preferred
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Must be self-motivated and an analytical thinker
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SharePoint and Office 365 skills are advantageous
- PMP certification and/or Project Management skills is a plus
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office tools including project is a plus