IT Support Specialist I
14221 Dallas Parkway Suite 1000 Dallas, Texas 75254
Kavaliro seeks an IT Support Specialist to support computer, mobile, accessory and consumable inventory levels for the Digital Workplace Tech Center located in the Dallas, Texas area. Working as a Tech Center asset specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining prescribed inventory levels in support of on-site technical services. You will be responsible for adhering to proper asset management and legal procedures relating to chain-of-custody and data-retention. In addition, you will support the process for asset distribution involving remote users associated with Tech Center location and retrieval of retired assets. You will be required to perform desktop support services involving break/fix repair and staging “ imaging” computer equipment.
• Troubleshoot computer systems and complete repair in timely and efficient manner.
• Support inventory levels within the Tech Center, kiosk merchandise machines and laptop loaner lockers.
• Review inventory counts and balance accuracy. Ensure that all assets are properly accounted for.
• Assist with asset deliveries, collections and transfers.
• Maintain chain-of-custody from receipt of assets through customer delivery using asset inventory management tool.
• Assist with imaging of computer inventory, ensure inventory is stored properly and available for customer distribution.
• Handle computer assets requiring repair (warranty) submitted to FM POC for return.
• Prepare non-functional IT equipment for disposal.
• Ensure data-retention hold process is followed for all assets based on procedure.
• Compile inventory reports and issue to management as needed.
• Monitor queue and handle tickets as assigned to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
• CompTIA A+ certification.
• Significant experience with installation, imaging, troubleshooting / repair of computer systems.
• Must have a strong work ethic; be a self-starter and able to work independently.
• Ability to work well with people from many difference disciplines with varying degrees of technical expertise.
• Excellent written, verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.
Additional Job Information:
• Primary work location is Dallas, Texas. Candidate may be required to work between client locations based on business needs and workload.