2400 Lake Orange Suite 200 Orlando, Florida 32837
Position Summary: The technician is responsible for the overall daily technical support needed to keep all stores and offices up and running by assembling, repairing, testing, installing, configuring, troubleshooting various computer systems, printers and camera equipment. In addition, the application of various software and account of and recording of all equipment coming in and out, efficiency and good knowledge of technical support, after hours technical support and equipment delivery in order to keep the stores up and running. Ability to work in the “ on call” position in rotation with other technicians.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Technical Support and Operations
- Assemble, repair and test PC’ s.
- Installing operating systems, application software and configuration (windows only).
- Installing and testing both CRT and LCD monitors.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting point of sale systems.
- Installing, configuring and repairing various printers.
- Installing, configuring and testing various analog and digital cameras.
- Network cabling, configuring and troubleshooting.
- Phone support, including after hours and weekends (rotating among technicians on a weekly basis.
- Occasional on-site service.
- Front office technical support (i.e. printing, e-mail and application problems)
- Occasional wiring and soldering (i.e. making special cables, specialized hardware).
- Answering tech support line, solving quick problems, dispatching calls to technicians.
- Logging calls, running reports of department performance and trends.
- Making follow up call and inquires to ensure all service calls/requests are resolved.
- Other Duties Required
- Display pleasant, positive and supportive behavior towards all personnel while on routine and technical issues during regular office hours AND on after office hours call out.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Following all company policies as stated in the employee handbook.
- Reliable transportation.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
Environmental Demands: Work is performed in various types of environment such as a warehouse, office space, stores located in hotels and outside environments such as in theme parks. Indoor locations are temperature-controlled environments that are frequently noisy. Outdoor stores are subject to extremes of heat, cold, humidity and noise.
Physical Requirements: This job requires the ability to stand, sit, walk and perform tedious work for long periods of time, reaching, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, lifting numerous items up to occasionally 50 pounds, climbing ladders with stability in doing so, climb and perform duties on scaffolding, ability to crawl into small spaces in elevated areas, manual dexterity; hearing and speaking understandably, ability to operate a motor vehicle with valid drivers’ license and follow the laws within, etc.
Technician Job Description Mental Requirements: This job requires a positive enthusiastic approach, good judgment, ability to work under stress, ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, reading, performing math functions, hearing and speaking understandably, not afraid of heights. It also requires the ability to cooperate and work as a team with co-workers.
Equipment/Machinery Used: The nature of this work requires the use of various technical equipment & tools, cameras, computers, printers, cash registers, a vehicle, dollies, shipping equipment, computer keyboard, fax machine, calculator, telephone, credit card machine, cleaning supplies, small hand tools, heat press, monitors, soldering iron.
Education: high school diploma or equivalent
Experience: technical knowledge and repairs
Certification/Licensure: Clean or Satisfactory DMV record and a valid Florida Driver’ s License and ability to follow the laws within.
Special skills: outgoing, friendly personality, strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written
communication skills; conflict resolution skills; willing to learn; able to provide own transportation to fulfill requirements of the job; able to work after business hours and weekends as necessary, honesty and integrity, and ability to work as a team with co-workers.