Bethesda, MD Bethesda, Maryland 21076
The role of the Major Incident Manager is to manage and document Major Incidents in accordance to Company' s Governance and Communications models. This position will be dedicated to support our End to End System environments which will undergo rapid redeployment and high levels of testing and incident response.
Utilizing Company’ s Command Center and the End to End Testing teams to ensure that the company can effectively respond to a Major Incident so that the critical business functions can be resumed within the defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet production go live goals.
Key Job Functions:
Seeking an experienced Major Incident Manager professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who is an expert at turning technical jargon or ambiguity into clear and concise alerts, notifications, and reports. This position manages all facilitation requirements of running a High Severity Incident Bridge including:
Initiating the bridge call, and engaging appropriate resources on the call per defined practice and protocol.
Assisting the Technical Resources with updating the incident records with appropriate notes.
Provide Alerts and Notifications, internal and external, as required.
Leveraging Skype for Business and EverBridge notifications to engage resources.
Manage approval process for emergency changes.
Build relationships with stakeholders and customers to support fast paced agile testing team.
Draft and manage incident after action reports.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal/written skills, including strong facilitation skills
- Solid experience working in a command or operations center for large enterprise applications, business or mission critical applications (Financial sector experience preferred, or other large mission critical operations such as Defense or Government).
- 5 – 10 years’ experience with working in a day to day command or operations center for technology and business based platforms.
- ITIL Foundations, Intermediate certifications preferred.
- Supervisory experience with L1, L2 or L3 support teams
- Experience working in a cloud (AWS preferred) environment
- Is a self-starter, adapts to change, motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively tracks performances
- Ability to influence peers and management to fulfill program objectives.
- Naturally accountable and responsible. Self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed, self-sufficient
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization