Junior Automation Engineer
urbana urbana, Maryland 21704
Kavaliro is Currently Recruiting for: Junior Automation Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6 months contract
Interview Process: F2F
Junior Java Developer The client is seeking Automation Engineer to support business requirements.
2-4 years’ experience required.
• Create Automation Scrips using UFT, Lean FT etc for Desktop and Web Applications.
• Participate in Test Strategy and Design sessions.
• Prepare QA Test Strategy & Test Plans.
• Provide estimates, test sizing and Release Schedules Liaise with Development, Environment/Infrastructure, Release Management and Configuration Management teams.
• Manage the Test Team Track QA status and provide periodic status updates.
• Manage risks/issues and escalate to Management.
• Own the QA entry and exits gates.
• Liaise with UAT teams and provide test execution training.
• Overall defect logging, tracking & closure.
• Plan and prepare test scenarios/cases/non-functional requirements.
• Execute and document test cases. Identify and document issues, Re-test issue resolutions and note workarounds.
• Liaise with various teams - Development, Analysts, Testers and Release Management.
• Create Test Data needs for Releases and provide Test Data sizes and schedules.
• Create Test Data as per requests from Testing department, developers, and business users.
• Communicate effectively with Developers to resolve defects in a timely manner.
• 3-4 years of experience completing software/system testing.
• Experience reviewing test scenarios, test cases and test results.
• Experience in creating Automation Scrips using UFT, Lean FT etc.
• Experience in performing Automated Testing.
• Experience in all phases of software testing.
• Exposure to automated software testing.
• Experience reviewing and communicating software requirements.
• Experience with reporting defects and preparation of test reports.
• Knowledge of the full life-cycle of testing including; unit, integration, system, user acceptance testing and regression testing and the different goals of each testing phase and the techniques used.
• Knowledge of best practices in software testing.
• Well versed with JIRA, TFS, ALM and other standard testing tools.
• Good SQL knowledge and skills