Lead Information Security Operations Engineer
MD USA 20814 Bethesda, Maryland 20814
• The Lead Information Security Operations Engineer is responsible for driving the needs of the Vulnerability and Compliance Management programs. The candidate will be responsible for organizing, directing, and managing activities of programs. These programs conform to a program lifecycle comprised of the following activities, but is not limited to: asset inventory and monitoring, data analysis, reporting, and findings remediation.
• The Lead Information Security Operations Engineer will lead and mentor junior engineers with a focus on leading the identification, analysis and remediation of findings. He is also responsibilities for ensuring the quality of work and timely delivery of these activities, but not limited to: plan of action and milestones (POA&M) tickets, risk and controls assessments, tools monitoring and operations, audit functions, documentation, and reporting activities.
• The candidate will work closely with management to ensure that all services are delivered and all tasks are performed within established program guidelines and budgets. They will assist with the creation, development and management of reports that reflect the progress of program.
• To meet regulatory requirements, the candidate is responsible for fulfilling Information Security controls as stated in the policies, procedures and standards. The candidate will provide extensive assistance in the implementation, operations and administration of the security functions.
• The candidate will liaison directly with Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management, Infrastructure, and Platform Development to create and maintain standards that meet CSS security control objectives. They will maintain system and configuration management baselines including policies, procedures, and standards in a manner determined and agreed upon by the program management.
• The candidate will work closely with information technology teams and business stakeholders to understand and develop goals, determine security requirements, and design solutions that meet business objectives.
• The candidate is expected to keep apprised of developing technologies and emerging threat landscape as it relates to their job responsibilities. To that end, CSS is committed to investing in its employees by offering progressive education benefits meant to help candidates keep pace with technology.
• Must have at least 7-10 years of experience with security engineering and operations, as well as, experience managing and supporting large, complex mission-critical systems.
• Must have experience managing Vulnerability and Compliance management programs effectively.
• Hands-on experience with security technology including Tenable Nessus, Firewalls, DLP, enterprise antivirus, multifactor authentication, Active Directory, ADFS, PKI with certificate lifecycle management, encryption for data at rest and in transit is required.
• Must have experience managing and mentoring junior engineers.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security or a related technical field. Master’ s Degree is a plus.
• Demonstrates technical proficiency and knowledge in information assurance, network security, computer information systems, computer science, or management information systems.
• Familiarity with information security policies, standards, industry best practices, and frameworks (NIST 800-53, FISMA).
• Demonstrates hands-on experience with security technologies such as compliance and vulnerability management tools, firewalls and network devices, intrusion detection systems, Active Directory, and security monitoring tools.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud-based solutions like AWS and Operating systems from Redhat and Microsoft.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal/written skills with the ability to influence peers and management to fulfill program objectives.
• Is a self-starter, adapts to change, motivated to set personal and program goals, and proactively tracks performances.
• Desirable: - CISSP, CISM Certification