Master NPI Technician
8770 SW Nimbus Ave Beaverton, OR 97008
As a Master NPI Technician you will partner with the R&D and manufacturing engineering teams to ensure efficient execution and stabilization of new products into manufacturing.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Technical and Process Support
· Assist in the development of new processes and the introduction of new products
· Support R&D with board turn-on and test for new designs
· Support new product qualification testing
· Develop in depth technical knowledge of the products/subset of the boards
· Understand the group’ s processes in depth (be the process expert in the area)
· Provide hands on technical training on circuit theory, troubleshooting methods, test methods, and other established processes to internal and externalpartners
· First point of contact for production technical assistance on difficult problems
· Work with suppliers to solve quality problems – track and follow-up to ensure closure.
· Coordinate non-routine tasks and assure they are completed in a timely manner e.g. board rolls, special rework, risk assessment recovery, etc.
· Ensure adherence to defined processes (including all ergo and safety related processes).
· Provide leadership for DFX product and process input to our R&D partners
· Drive stabilization of new products and processes at the designated contract manufacturer
Requires an AA/AS degree or higher in an electronics discipline with minimum of 7 years directly related experience, with typically 9 to 15 years of experience.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Solid understanding of electronic disciplines and application (including analog, digital, and RF/Microwave)
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems requiring breadth/depth of knowledge of multiple technical disciplines, operations, procedures
- Understands and is proficient with a wide range of electronic test and measurement equipment.
- Demonstrated analytical troubleshooting skills i.e. resolves problems to component level/root cause
- Maintains product failure records and failure analysis data.
- Ability to understand and analyze test data to isolate failures and identify failure trends.
- Strong basic writing skills and oral communication skills (can communicate issues, problems, etc. clearly to team members, engineering, etc.).