Mid-Level Android Developer
631 South Orlando Avenue, Suite 301 Winter Park, Florida 32789
Kavaliro is seeking a mid-level Android Developer primarily responsible for developing and maintaining an array of different Android applications that individually contribute to the customer experience.
This developer will be working closely with other Android developers, web developers, architects, and infrastructure engineers to be sure all aspects of the native applications and their integration with back-end services are sound, and continue to bring new and innovative content and features to customers. This individual must possess good communication skills, and display a strong passion for producing quality software.
- Translates designs, wireframes, and user stories into high quality code.
- Designs, builds, and maintains high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code that adheres to enforced coding standards.
- Proposes solutions and/or implementation strategies.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance members to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Works closely with other developers (Android/Web) to accomplish common goals.
- Responds to emergency situations as needed for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
- Identifies root cause of bugs/issues and resolves them quickly.
- Stays up-to-date with upcoming changes to Android API’ s and industry trends in Android development.
- Participates in a variety of planning and development activities.
- Mentors other technology staff.
- Provides on-call development support (as needed).
- Actively works to increase technical skill level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Engineering or a related field OR in lieu of degree, 5+ years of Android development experience.
- 2+ years of professional development experience.
- Passion for speed and optimization within the development process
- Experience with Android application development using Android SDK from version 2.2 (Froyo) to version 7.1 (Nougat)
- Experience with Android Studio IDE and Gradle
- Experience with native Android UI development for multiple resolutions/screen sizes/orientations (XML)
- Experience developing multi-threaded software and network based Asynchronous calls
- Experience with the following technologies and concepts (** Must have, * Preferred):
- RxJava *
- EventBus *
- Dagger -- Dependency Injection *
- Web Service integration (REST, JSON, GET, POST, PUT) **
- Flux Architecture / RxFlux
- Understanding of AGILE software development practices and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of ADB
- Experience with git (Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience with Jira or similar