TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Required
Job Location: USA-VA-Chantilly
The Network Control Specialist (NCS) Level 1 Messaging POD Position is responsible for managing and maintenance of Secure Messaging Communications Computer Systems.
The NCS Messaging POD will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Analyzes, administers, and maintains secure messaging and data communications networks
- Manages the usage and performance of messaging and or data communications networks
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
- Evaluates hardware and software; including peripheral; output and related equipment consisting of large server farms; intricate communication systems; and other intelligence agencies systems
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in aspects of major network upgrades and detailed system acceptance testing.
- Interfaces with vendors and critical customers to ensure appropriate restoration of systems during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops; authors and implements testing strategies and documentation.
- Provides advice and training to end-users for message related issues and anomalies.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex computer; hardware; software anomalies.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Researches and recommends technical solutions for system upgrades
- Participates in special projects as required
Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
This position requires 12-hour rotating shifts on a 24× 7 in a Network Operations Center.
- Manages Site Comms Processor (SCP); Automated Message Handling Systems Secure Message and routing Terminal; XML Information BUS; Information Transfer System; and the SMC Helpdesk customer message queues
- Manages error correction and troubleshooting for undelivered messages
- Responsible for managing SOCOMM and the Autodin Customer Information Database (CID)
- Ensures customer information databases are up to date and synchronized
- Oversees SOCOMM and AUTODIN Contingency Plans Update Master Lists; coordinate scheduled CCRP and COOP testing
- Coordinates with users and other organizations to establish cause and result for after action reports for message anomalies
- Performs AUTODIN; AMHS backups; daily partial backups and weekly full backups.
- Provides technical assistance to customers in support of complex secure message and data networks by managing message platform connections
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e., CompTIA Security+ CE, or CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition, must attain the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph