Chantilly, VA 20120
TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Required
Job Location: USA-VA-Chantilly
Network Control Specialist monitors network events to identify incidents; attempts to remotely restore services and escalates higher level incidents to appropriate organizations when remote restoration is not possible; performs Command Line Interface syntax on routers/switches/encryption devices within a multi-vendor environment; correlates and investigates incidents to identify a root-cause to service interruptions and performs corrective actions to restore service, as well as identifies network performance issues across the enterprise.
Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Monitor and investigate Network Management System (NMS) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap data and Syslog messages, troubleshoot network incidents, document findings, remotely restore services, recommend fix actions, and dispatch maintenance to appropriate organizations if remote restoration is not possible
- Monitor and investigate network performance threshold events as well as security relevant alarms to proactively protect and preserve the functionality of the enterprise infrastructure
- Escalate Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 personnel and detachments according to established processes and procedures
- Perform Traffic Engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) metrics to temporarily alt-route Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic in the event of an incident or CMA Action Plan
- Collect relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs) and provide possible resolutions where a temporary work around is feasible until failed hardware is processed via COMM Maintenance Activity (CMA) requests.
- Shift work
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+ OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. Must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of their role/function on the program, the candidate will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, the candidate will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero-tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and Polygraph.