4401 Vineland Road, Suite A6 Orlando, FL 32811
- Manages the Company’ s payroll for over 7, 000 Team Members/Managers, while ensuring compliance with wage and hour laws, garnishments, benefits, and taxes.
- Responsible for all related financial reporting and payroll audit functions.
- Supervises the Payroll Coordinators in the Payroll Department.
- Ensures compliance in all jurisdictions in which the company operates in all matters payroll-related, including wage and hour laws, payroll tax return filing and payment remittance, etc.
- Critically reviews and analyzes current payroll, benefits and tax procedures, to recommend and implement changes for best-practice operations.
- Audits W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Manages regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Utilization of UltiPro Core System for payroll and time & attendance, while partnering with Human Resources in establishing and maintaining an accurate Human Resource Information System. (HRIS)
- Partners with Human Resources in its management of Benefits with accurate and timely communication/administration.
- Functions as the liaison between Human Resources and Accounting/Finance.
- Provides support for annual 401(K) audits.
- Ensures systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time.
- Ensures the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Assists with or lead special projects as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree from four-year College or university; or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with successfully managing the Payroll function for a multi-unit national organization with direct management of the Payroll Team.
- Restaurant industry payroll management experience preferred.
- Experience with the UltiPro System preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and general ledger systems, specifically related to the impact of payroll transactions on the company’ s financial statements.
- CPP certification required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information equally to individual employees, top management and public groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.