1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando, FL 32819
Responsible for technical facilitation and successful deployment of marketing research technologies via the web and mobile data collection devices. Responsible for the development of ETLs (Extraction, Transformation and Load) processes for data migration. Develops internal systems applications and supports the on-line research portal. Provides advanced technical support for Consumer Insights data collection/processing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development of ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Load) processes for data migration, stored procedures and jobs for migrating new data whenever uploaded. Develop internal systems applications utilizing PHP programming and ASP.NET programming.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of respondent portals, client portals, templates, multimedia, data entry systems, the incentive system, and data management functions and in-park surveys as necessary. Provide basic technical support the Consumer Insights Team.
- Test and debug surveys; monitor progress of work timeline; make revisions as necessary. Analyze survey output to ensure the flow is correct, export and return final collected data sets to project managers.
- Plan, execute, and analyze user experience tests, to include website usability tests and mobile app usability test, through the use of enterprise tools.
- Prepare, update and troubleshoot Consumer Insights related custom reports using SQL Server. Create, modify, and test SQL queries and views necessary to generate reports.
- Collaborate with department managers and project managers to define project requirements and system interfaces, while assessing available technologies to develop and present solutions.
Bachelor’ s degree from a four-year college or university in: Computer Science, Research or related field required.
2-3 Years of experience in data systems, systems design, testing and development. Proven track record with data system automation, data transformation and visualization required. Experience supporting a marketing research team (client or vendor side) is desired; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills - must be able to provide maintenance on hardware/software, evaluate interfaces, understand internet technologies and manage databases.
- SQL Server administration skills including performance tuning, query optimization, database consistency checks; expertise in table design and index design; database backup and recovery procedures. Experience using performance monitor/profiler to solve deadlocks and long running queries preferred.
- Knowledge of SPSS, and Qualtrics desired; Intermediate Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, WORD and Access required.
- Technical and quantitative reasoning skills, including the ability to work with numbers and to summarize data in graphical or tabular forms.
- Ability to read and interpret survey questionnaires, understand methodologies and the purpose of research, and make judgments on the “ cleanliness” of the data.
- Must be a self-starter with a “ whatever-it-takes-to-get-it-done-on-time” attitude.
- Highly collaborative team player who is focused, self-motivated, detail oriented, accurate, and flexible – able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines.
- Credibility, consistency, focus and responsiveness are key attributes for success.