Project Control Specialist
1000 East Main Street Plainfield, IN 46168
This position is responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments. This position performs the more complex aspects of scheduling, change documentation and cost control. The Project Controls Specialist II (PCS-II) is a critical position as part of a project team. This position supports Project Managers and possibly Senior Project Controls Specialists on varying size projects. Using prescribed methods and tools, the position is responsible for performing primary aspects of project control assignments. The position is considered a technical, SME, support position and requires college level reasoning via formal education or work experience. This job requires working knowledge to proficient use, understanding, and application of project controls principles and associated project controls software tools.
Responsibilities & Duties: include, but are not limited to:
• Generates periodic Project Controls reports
• Responsible for gathering, verifying, validating and analyzing data
• Distributes and archives project documents
• Manages change control
• Develops and maintains work breakdown structures, project schedules, cost estimates, tracks and trends cash flow. Tracks and reports project status, analyzes variances, determines earned value, and analyzes critical path activities at a level appropriate for the project
• Work with estimator(s) to create (or creates) project cost estimate in order to establish effective cost controls management. Assure that project estimate includes all necessary raw materials, resource / labor rates, manufactured materials / equipment as well as current industry data relative to project scope Manage the estimate according to PMCoE Estimating Standard and review cycle.
• Maintains effective relationships with customers and supports the resolution of quality issues
• Proficient in conflict resolution and reaches positive outcomes among team members.
• Overtime may be required on assignments in order to meet deliverables
2 year degree - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent and 2+ Years of experience OR 5+ Years experience in lieu of degree
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
Highly engaged self-starter, identifying problems and offering possible solutions and taking appropriate action for resolution.
Advanced Excel Skills - Strong abilities in creating dual axis charts
4 year degree - business, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent
Experience using Software such as Primavera, Business Objects, MS Office Suite, Visio, CAPS, Powerplan, Maximo, Ecosys, and PeopleSoft
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Transmission functional experience
Licenses, certifications or registrations: PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, PMI-SP, AACE-PSP, AACE-EVP)
Working knowledge/proficiency with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, and spreadsheets
Experience working construction or Transmission work/projects
Program or project Risk Program Control experience
Experience working with a Regulated Utility Company, Coal Fired Generating Plants, or large complex engineering and construction programs or project in fixed price and/or T&M environment a plus.
Demonstrated experience with schedule integration of multiple projects
Demonstrated Primavera P6 scheduling software expertise
Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing, integrating, trending and forecasting schedule information for projects
Demonstrated knowledge and usage of earned value techniques
Demonstrated effective collaboration skills with good written and oral communication skills.
Proven collaborative team member
Previous experience with Finance / Budgeting
Understanding of the PMCoE project lifecycle
Database and Reporting experience
Previous experience with EcoSys
2018-08-02 08: 58 AM - Brown, Mackenzie: **This job order has a target bill rate range of $61.59 - $68.08/hr. Guidant contact – Mackenzie Brown – Mackenzie.email@example.com.