Revenue Recognition Analyst
639 Davis Dr Morrisville, North Carolina 27560
We are looking for a high energy, self-starter who prides themselves on having strong business acumen, holds themselves to a high standard of performance and has a get it done attitude to join our North American team as a Revenue Analyst. The Revenue Analyst is responsible for reviewing contracts and establishing the related revenue recognition consistent with internal policies and U.S. GAAP for their assigned regions across North America.
- Hold a Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ accounting experience with 2+ years of revenue recognition experience
- Advanced experience in Excel
- Familiar with ASC 605, ASC 606, ASC 985-605, ASU 2009-13 and ASU 2009-14
- Experienced in reading and interpreting contracts
- Experienced with CRM, Reporting and ERP systems.
- Previous experience with Tensoft, BPCS, SAP, SFDC and Hyperion desirable
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintain contract, customer documentation and revenue schedules for assigned areas required for review and audit of revenue(including contracts/statements of work, purchase orders, customer acceptance and other documentation)
- Month-end and quarter-end close activities (including deferral and recognition of cost of revenue, GAAP revenue recognition under SAB104, ASC605-25, and ASC985-605 and ASC606, tracking of customer services level commitments, balance sheet reconciliations, monthly management reporting package and flux analyses)
- Review executed Sales Offerings/Models, Contracts and Addendums to assess appropriate revenue recognition to ensure compliance with global revenue recognition policy.
- Reporting on revenue, projects, deferral metrics and other items as requested for assigned regions
- Facilitate Operations and Project Update calls for assigned regions & prepare summary for review with Global Revenue Manager
- Assist with VSOE and BESP testing as required
- Review orders to ensure correct revenue allocations are in line with relative fair value accounting rules
- Provide direction to the Business in structuring customer contracts
- Recommend process improvements with regards to policies and procedures
- Track and facilitate Revenue Recognition training compliance for assigned region(s).
- Ability to assist with additional projects and tasks related to Finance as they arise
- Collaborate and communicate with Accounting, Bids and Proposals Team, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Customer Operations, Customer Support, IT and External Auditors