SOC Analyst - Tier II
1234 Merrifield, VA 22082
Kavaliro is looking for Tier II SOC Specialists to work with our client in Merrifield, VA. The SOC Specialist must be familiar with a wide range of security tools and understand basic security fundamentals.
- Keeps abreast of emerging cyber technologies and gathers information on data security policies, and legal and regulatory requirements to make informed recommendations toward the development of detailed cyber operations plans
- Reviews an agency’ s cybersecurity protocols and operating procedures and makes recommendations for improving its cyber operations plan
- Identifies compliance gaps and collaborates with colleagues and leadership to identify gaps in processes and update cyber operation policies as necessary
- Utilizes strong technical and analytical skills to explore and examine previously unforeseen applications of cyber operations with the goal of discovering new ways to provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing intelligence problem.
- Designs and facilitates implementation of custom application of cyber operations in a complex physical environment for research purposes.
- Apply knowledge and practical experience of Computer Network Operations (CNO, aka CNE or OCO) operational policy, procedures and methodologies to analyze vendor proposals, project plans and deliverables for accuracy and completeness for the government.
- Uses operational experience as on-net operator and supervisor to develop new operational work-flows and identify top-level technical requirements, cost estimates and schedules for project government lead.
- As a member of a multi-discipline project team, integrates operational knowledge with technical and threat intelligence information to create holistic capability proposals (to include integration with National Technical Means (NTM) architectures and systems).
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions
Minimum Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor degree in an information technology discipline or equivalent IT experience required
- The following certifications (atleast one is preferred): Net+, A+, Security+, CPTE, CEH, or CISSP.