401 South College St Charlotte, NC 28202
Position focuses on all facets of day to day firewall administration and operations. It also includes various project oriented initiatives, troubleshooting incidents, SDE support, various compliance activities, software and firewall policy optimization & maintenance. Candidates who have a strong network support or design background who wish to transition into a role in Cybersecurity will also be considered.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performs day to day firewall policy administration.
- Maintains security framework across the enterprise.
- Participates in security improvement/optimization initiatives.
- Contributes frequently to team knowledge base.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation of security infrastructure, changes, and security strategies.
- Documents work performed.
- Interacts with security architecture as necessary to understand, apply, and enforce security requirements.
- Proactively identifies/makes recommendations on potential security issues and solutions. Participates in on-call rotation duties.
- Provides increased availability during inclement weather and CIRT events.
- Assists or leads project oriented firewall deployments.
- Adheres to proper Change Management requirements and processes.
- Responds to Incidents in a timely manner.
- Configures, installs, and maintains security hardware.
- Deploys code upgrades.
- Leads investigation/troubleshooting efforts during service disruption events.
- Represents IT Security organization professionally in interaction with internal business partners and other IT Support groups.
- Strong TCP/IP foundational knowledge.
- Working understanding of security principles, desires to improve security posture of enterprise.
- Experience troubleshooting network traffic.
- Working knowledge of VPN configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience analyzing network traffic.
- Working knowledge of NAT principles and troubleshooting.
- Cybersecurity experience.
- Ability to analyze application flows.