Senior IT Risk Analyst
Bethesda Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Kavaliro is looking for a Senior IT Risk Analyst for our direct client at Bethesda, MD.
Our client' s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team is looking for a Senior IT Risk Analyst to help ERM manage and oversee technology based risks. The successful candidate would be responsible for identifying, prioritizing, monitoring and reporting technology risks and controls including performing risk and controls assessments. This position works closely with the operational, technical, and corporate function personnel to foster a technology risk management culture, challenge assumptions and to assist in communicating a holistic risk profile of technology risk to ERM, client executive management and various stakeholders.
Key Job Functions
• Demonstrate solid knowledge on technology processes within infrastructure, information security, SDLC and Enterprise Service Management utilizing various IT controls frameworks (i.e. COBIT 5)
• Understand and articulate risks associated with technology processes and IT general controls and identify process and control gaps proactively
• Liaise across relevant business, technology, and control functions to prioritize risks, challenge technology risk decisions, assumptions and tolerances, and drive appropriate risk response.
• Contribute to the establishment of metrics and tools to assess and report on inherent risks, control strength and residual risk in a consistent and objective manner.
• Assist with the development and validation of remediation plans for technology deficiencies by providing effective challenge.
• Monitor internal and external business, regulatory and technology environment to identify new or emerging risks and verify remediation of issues.
• Bachelor' s Degree in Information Systems or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 5 years of work related experience in technology
• Minimum 3 years of experience performing risk management and analysis related activities
• Experience working with Risk, Security or Audit frameworks (i.e., COBIT, COSO, ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, AICPA).
• Strong understanding of technology processes, risks and issues including infrastructure, information security, SDLC and Service Management (knowledge within cloud computing is preferred, specifically AWS)
• Capable of identifying, evaluating and mitigating significant risks within an enterprise.
• Basic knowledge of SOC2 attestation reports.
• Strong working experience with Microsoft Office Suite and GRC tools.
• Must have and maintain at least one of the following certification: CISSP, CISA, CRISC or equivalent designation.
• Ability to document and explain risks and vulnerabilities to both business and technical stakeholders
• Must have past experience performing vulnerability research and reporting.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work well with others and in a collaborative, complex and fast paced environment.
• Possesses strong analytical skills
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• Active in the technology industry; equipped with external networking relationships to maintain relevant knowledge of best practices, tactics, strategies and technologies
• Self-starter; adaptable to change; motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against goals.