Service Technical Support - Entry(621916)
10090 Foothills Blvd. Roseville, California 95747
This electronic service technician candidate will support the companies manufactured test equipment. Specific duties include: Testing, calibrating, assembling, and disassembling of electronic instrument products to maintain functionality and accuracy. The candidate will be responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction through effective communication, innovation, and direct application of technical skills. Working within the designated area of expertise, the candidate will clarify, analyze, develop, and implement actions and solutions while supporting field staff and customers. This position requires calibration and repair knowledge of a wide variety of company’ s equipment.
· Prior experience is strongly preferred. Applicant should have at least 4 years of related experience in the calibration and repair of electronic test equipment.
· This position requires some education, specialized training/certification, or Military experience.
· Experience using automated calibration software platforms (STE, PC Based, METCAL, TME etc) is a plus. Strong PC (MS Windows/Office) skills are a must.
· PMEL experience strongly desired.
· Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Demonstrates electronic and mechanical competence.
· Works with clearly defined objectives on customer service assignments that may be repetitive in nature.
· Solves technical problems of limited scope and complexity.
· Performs adjustments, calibrations and basic repairs.
· Escalates more difficult repairs to experienced technicians.
· Exhibits the ability to build and maintain professional relationships with wide range of people.
· Adheres to the highest standards of business ethics.
· Provides consistent, solid contribution to team and service center delivery goals.
· Exercises good discretion in the use of time and other company resources. Maximizes the use of existing assets, multi-tasks effectively, and ensures company resources are used properly (i.e. connector care, ESD, ETE).
· Maintains high workmanship standards and delivers on commitments. Promotes ESD, Service Note compliance, and other programs that are conducive to the delivery of high quality service and minimization of re-repair.
· Communicates effectively with internal and external customers. May initiate customer interaction as appropriate. Escalates issues through appropriate channels when necessary. This is done verbally or via written correspondence.
· Adheres to established production processes and is responsible for achieving established team production goals.