SharePoint Developer with .NET
13100 World Gate Dr. OBI Herndon, Virginia 20170
Kavaliro is looking for a SharePoint Developer with .Net experience for our direct client at Herndon, VA. In-person interview after a Phone screen is a must. Interested candidate may submit the resume in word format.
Under general direction, the developer will be responsible for migrating multiple SharePoint 2013 sites on premise to the SharePoint online version. Developing the front-end and GUI for multiple web based applications to meet business needs. The individual will focus on custom coding and various out of the box features to develop new solutions for SharePoint/Office 365 and other web tools. The primary objective of the project is to integrate and present data from a variety of databases to a customized web application. Functionalities include, but not limited to, master page and layout design, custom pages, workflows, email enabled lists, custom forms using CSOM, REST API, custom Web Parts and complex workflows.
5+ years of experience developing web applications using Microsoft or other CMS technologies. Ability to deliver on multiple initiatives simultaneously and perform under pressure within tight deadlines.
This person is expected to provide design recommendations, build out the site and act as a SME. This person will be expected to know the latest features available in SP 2013/O365 and will be responsible for migrating sites from SP 2013 to Office 365.
Day to day activities:
Primary objective is to migrate existing SP 2013 sites on premise to the Office 365 cloud version.
• Setup repositories with an ability to intake and strip documents from emails
• Create lists with items that are imported from excel files
• Build end-to-end workflow applications including email notifications
• Sync document libraries with local drives to enable offline access
• Utilize Excel, Access, InfoPath and Content Management services within SharePoint
• Customization and development experience using Visual Studio and .Net
• Hands on experience designing and developing web applications and web APIs from scratch
• Hands on development experience with Web Services, custom work flows, event handlers, Solution Packages and Deployment, and the SharePoint Client Object Model
• Hands on experience with setting up database connectivity and exchanging data between any content management system and databases like Access/Oracle
• Knowledge of the features and architectural design of SharePoint and other CMS platforms
• An understanding of the following concepts: Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Search, Enterprise Content Management, Business Process and Forms, and/or Business Intelligence
• Experience with Microsoft office InfoPath Forms Services and SharePoint Designer
• Interpersonal and presentation skills to synthesize and communicate information to senior management
• Ability to identify issues impacting SharePoint online migration and mitigating issues like custom pages, workflows, email enabled lists, custom forms … etc, to ensure a smooth transition to SharePoint online
Preferred skills, but not required:
• Ability to use latest web front end technologies to provide a custom SP front-end and understanding of the following concepts: Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Search, Enterprise Content Management, Business Process and Forms, and/or Business Intelligence
• Ability to setup a web server and create custom web applications
• Ability to perform proper unit test, regression tests, and load tests to ensure accuracy and completeness of applications developed