Sr Business Analyst
Herndon Herndon, Virginia 20170
Kavaliro is looking for a Sr Business Analyst with good agile experience for a contract position with our client in Herndon VA
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of operating or administrative unit. Relate these procedures to IT systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
• Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
• Create, design, and format requirement specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
• Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
• Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent required.
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Strong business and analytical Skills
• Experience creating business requirements using an Agile methodology with User Stories
• Ability to work independently and act as a project lead working with Business Stakeholders to determine system/application requirements and then documenting those requirements in User Stories
• Strong collaboration skill and works well in team settings.
• Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
• Strong attention to detail, well organized and ability to self-prioritize multiple activities.
• Ability to effectively initiate action, collaborates with others, and drives action items to resolution.
• Working knowledge of MS office, Visio, JIRA, and DOORs Requirements Management Tool
• Experience in Disclosures highly desired
• Mortgage/finance experience is a plus